Friday, August 5, 2011

Family Reunion Time!!

We had a wonderful weekend in the AZ mountains this week at our Naegle/Nicoll family reunion! I love being able to get up to the cool, beautiful mountains for lots of quality family time. The boys loved getting dirty, roasting marshmallows, finding worms, snails, frogs, grasshoppers, rabbits, and chipmunks. It was fun to let them just roam and be boys!
My Grandpa made these swings back when I was a baby. I have pictures of me in a swing like this one- now Weston got a turn. He loved swinging...and finding his belly-button

We enjoyed dinner with family, which of course, was followed by homemade ice cream
Levi mustered up the courage to try out the zip-line & LOVED it!
Our family makes breakfast on the first day of the reunion- here's Mom & I cooking up some scrambled eggs (this was batch one of four!)

We got rain EvErY day, which was fun, but muddy (thank goodness we had help getting the RV unstuck before it was time to leave)

Weston loves his Uncle Ryan!

There was a major softball game- Matt's in the outfield


Weston loved these little chairs- and is still really good at smiling for the camera


Daddy took both boys for a ride on the horse- this one is Chicktaw


Mom helping Levi up- he was so excited! (she was a little concerned about the inexperienced Dad in flip-flops taking her Grandsons, but he managed alright) :)

I'm glad Uncle Ryan brought the horses up from the ranch for the kiddos- this one is Guapo, "the handsome one"

The boys getting a snack at Grandma's

There's nothing I love better in the summer than spending time in the mountains!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

I could feel the cool air and smell the pines in this post. Looks like fun was had by all!! I especiall love Dad in flip flops riding a horse....a pure cowboy!!

Petersens said...

looks like so much fun! So excited to live in AZ and go camping all the time :)