Saturday, July 16, 2011

In-Town Adventure!

We had some plumbing troubles Thursday night. We had been suspecting a problem when our showers had started draining really slowly. I was at the office on Thursday night when my sitter called me to let me know that water was coming up from the drain in our laundry room floor...and it was StInKy water!!! Ewww! We hurried home and within an hour we had similar water coming up into the showers! Ewww! Once the water stopped coming, and starting draining again, and after calling a couple of plumbers and not having any luck getting anyone to come out that night- we were out of there! I could not sleep in a stinky house.We called and got a good rate on a room in town (it was a Thursday in the middle of HOT July after all). I threw some clothes in a bag and we were OFF!First, we made an ice cream/milkshake run. Sweet! (We blended up a sundae for Weston and put it in a cup to prevent a mess of a car seat...it worked okay, not great- he still took off the lid and used his hands when I wasn't looking).
Then, of course, we had a late-night swim. Levi liked going from the hot tub to the pool, and back. Weston is still DEATHLY afraid of the water. I'll cure that by the end of the summer- our new house has a community pool and I plan to spend LOTS of time there.
We didn't get much sleep that night, but the boys had a great time! We've been so busy with the office that we haven't taken much time for fun. Now that the plumbing problems are all fixed and my house is fresh and clean again, I'm so glad for our Thursday night adventure and the memories we made!

3 comments:

Petersens said...

I'm sorry about the plumbing! yuck! Glad you guys could get away :)

Tracy said...

plumbing issues no fun! but the boys look so cute in the pictures so excited to see you this week!

Sarah said...

I love your cute little family. Glad the issue was solved and you were able to make some fun memories! WAhoo! :)