So, I really did a number on my thumb yesterday. I hope none of you are squeemish or eating right now :) The nurse in me thinks this picture looks pretty (it was NOT pretty before I had it sutured up!) I cut my thumb pretty good yesterday morning with a knife and couldn't get the bleeding stopped. I was home alone with Levi and called Matt in a panic. Here's how that conversation went:
Erin: (hysterically) Matt, I cut myself; I think I need stitches
Matt: Oh, is it bad? (hello!!)
Erin: (still panicking)Ya- it's pretty deep and I can't get the bleeding to slow down, it's been about half an hour
Matt: Hmm, well; maybe I can grab some local and a suture kit, come home, and get you all taken care of...
Erin: Are you kidding me!!!!!!!
Needless to say, Matt did NOT do the sutures. I drove myself down to the urgent care after Matt came home and got Levi situated. (Thanks, Courtney for taking Levi- we totally owe you guys!!) I should be as good as new in 10 days!
6 comments:
Yikes, was it with a kitchen knife?
Just a really sharp folding-type knife, which I will be staying away from, from now on!! :)
That looks horibble! I hope it heals fast. Good thing you know how to take care of it!
Oh no~ Can't do dishes for awhile.....where's Matt? He'll have to do all that stuff. I say you should have let him stitch it, what the heck!
I am still cracking up at your conversation. Typical boys! We'll take Levi anytime!
eek. Glad I didn't look at that post during lunch.
Post a Comment