Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back from Paradise

We just got back from a week in the Caribbean & had the best time while we were there!! We sailed on the Carnival Valor with our friends, Matt & Jessica and stopped at Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel.
Setting Sail

We had lots of beach time. The 7-mile beach in Grand Cayman was SO beautiful- the sand was white and powdery & the water was clear and blue. I tried to find some good seashells to bring home to Levi. In Cozumel, we got to the snorkeling beach (middle picture) at 8 am and were the only ones there for most of the morning- BLISS!!

We had an iguana run right in front of me while walking down the street in Cayman. It was HUGE and really freaked me out!

What do you think about this view?! We were assigned the best table in the dining room and enjoyed amazing views every night of our cruise. This picture was taken while we were sailing away from Honduras.

We zip-lined in Honduras. I was pretty scared, but went anyway. I had some second-thoughts as they loaded 10 of us adults in the back of a very small pickup truck to head up to the platforms in the jungle. There were benches in the bed of the truck for us to sit on, which put us above the bed completely. I was next to the tailgate and everyone slid toward me as we drove uphill and I clung onto the bench for dear life. Thank goodness the tailgate stayed shut and we didn't hit too many big bumps.
The young Honduras guides (they looked like teenaged boys) strapped us in and sent us off the platforms. They could tell I was pretty scared, and couldn't speak much English, but kept telling me "don't brake"--ya, right! I made it to the end (13 platforms), and then they called me the "Survivor" the rest of the afternoon. It was actually pretty fun and the jungle was so lush and green.




Matt built a pretty cool sandcastle- it was a boat if you can't tell. I missed the boys like crazy on this trip, but they were busy having lots of fun and getting spoiled by my family in Arizona.

This monkey was pretty cute, but there is definitely a story to go along with these pictures. Let's just say- I didn't appreciate him in my hair, and he didn't appreciate me trying to get him out of my hair...and yes, I got pooped on in the end- so I guess, he won the disagreement.

We had so much fun on the boat and decided that cruising with friends is definitely the way to go. We passed the time playing lots of games, seeing a few shows, taking lots of naps, and eating way too much yummy food!! I'm so glad we got to go...and, now- back to reality!

4 comments:

Petersens said...

Looks like so much fun I miss the sun so much! we get a little, but the beach looks amazing! I love your blue swim suit! (and you rocked it :) the Zip line sounds like crazy fun, and the Monkey was really cool... until he pooped on you of coarse. lol.

Tracy said...

Glad you guys had fun on the cruise thanks for letting us take care of your beautiful boys for you! love you!

Amanda and Brent said...

A little JEALOUS!!! I love cruises!!! I especially want to go to the Carribean...so I am very happy you got to have so much fun! I can only imagine it would be so difficult to leave your boys. Zip lines are great fun! And by the way...you were looking so adorable on your cruise :)

Cami said...

One word... JEALOUS!