Wednesday, January 26, 2011

{i Craft}

...so it's kind of an addiction. Even though life is crazy-busy as always, I try sneak in a little crafting time every now and again. There's something relaxing about creating a little something yourself. I love being a Young Women's leader at church, because it gives me an excuse to craft, and often a deadline for getting these silly little projects of mine done. Here's what I've been up to lately:

We had a lesson in church on gratitude. I gave the girls thank-you notes and had them write a note of appreciation to someone. I then passed out these cookie bags, and asked them to give them to that person with the note. They loved it! (this was fun for me, too, because all sorts of random people- 15 of them- got these cookies I made... FUN!) Of course, I had cookies for the girls to eat, too.
This week I finished up these necklaces for the girls and the other leaders. They are scrabble tile necklaces that represent this year's theme. I got the idea from Sugardoodle- check it out! I think they turned out pretty cute, (but don't tell the girls; they will be getting them at our New Beginnings program next week). Have I mentioned that I LOVE my young women?- cuz I really do- they are awesome!!
Today, I finished up my last project for now. This little guy is having a big birthday soon, and we are going to have a party for him at Disneyland this weekend!
I wanted to decorate the stroller on the day we celebrate. I made this pennant banner for such decorating. I love how it looks in the house! Matt is on task to fashion it to the stroller and the party hat is gonna be used, too, along with lots of fun balloons!! (Hopefully all works out and it's super cute.) I laminated the pennants, so after Weston's birthday, I can take off the letters and maybe use it again for another event.
Well, I'm off to get us packed for the weekend!! :)

2 comments:

Petersens said...

So creative! My mom loves Young Womens too, for the same reason! (great excuse for crafts) Happy Birthday to Weston! and have fun at Disney Land!

Bev said...

I wish you lived closer.....how fun!! I'm so glad you posted your ideas!! YW is my most favorite calling in the whole world. I bet those girls love you!!