Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome back...


After enjoying the wonderful 70-80 degree weather of Arizona and New Mexico the past couple of weeks, I returned home to Colorado only to be greeted by a Spring blizzard...welcome back, right?! Matt and I saw each other for several hours after I got home before turning around to drop him off at the airport to head to another interview. I slowly made my way back home in the middle of the snowstorm, surprised that Matt's flight status was still showing an on-time departure. Well, his plane was boarded pretty close to on-time, but then all the passengers were stuck on board while the plane sat on the runway waiting for it to be clear enough to take off...for 3 hours!! Meanwhile, I was back home single Mommy-ing it (which seems to be my new reality more and more these days) when we lost power...no electricity, heat, internet/TV...needless to say, Levi wasn't the only one scared at our home. I think the dogs were even a little concerned that I was left in charge during this snowstorm. Luckily, we were only without power from about 7:30 to almost 10:00 that night...and I now know where we keep our flashlights!! I'll be much better prepared next time. (And no, my driveway is not shoveled...we look like the lazys on our street, but there are just some things that I refuse to do...among them- taking out the trash and shoveling snow!!) :)



4 comments:

Shari said...

Is it bad that to me, this looks like a good reason to move there? lol

It's beautiful. I can only imagine how bad it sucked not to have power that whole time though. And I agree with you- I do not take out trash, and shoveling would be added to that list if we lived in a climate that required it. :-D

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

Weather is so unpredictable! Glad you survived! It is rough being alone with the kiddos when stuff like that happens. Isaac is getting really helpful at taking out the trash. We've hardly had snow, so I really need to come up with something else for Josh to do!

Jen said...

What a great homecoming gift- Ha Ha!
You should just move back to AZ :)

Petersens said...

Sorry the power was out. I would be scared too! And I feel bad that Mat had to be on the plane so long! uuugh! I totally get the single mommy-ing thing. I do get a kick out of your corks though. No raw chicken... no trash..no shoveling...no real camping..adorable. Love you Erin. Keep hanging in there. Can't wait to find out where you're going. I bet you can't either.