Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving on...

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

The past few weeks have been pretty busy and somewhat stressful for our family. We are frantically trying to figure out our plans after Matt graduates (in 3 months), including where our family is going to live (since we are 95% sure we're not staying here in Aurora and just about 100% sure we can't move back to the Mesa area). Our daily late-night discussions have made me a little sad and a little nostalgic (plus, I'm a little hormonal on top of it all- poor Matt). It's funny that I moved here kicking and screaming, and now I'm really sad to be leaving. The next chapter is exciting, but I suppose moving on from the life we've lived for the past 4 years will be a little difficult, too. We'll see what's in store for our family...and we'll be sure to keep you all posted as things develop!

4 comments:

Milroys said...

Isn't it so bittersweet? You guys will do great wherever you end up. And the pictures you took of little Weston are AWESOME! Good job!

Jen said...

Good luck with all this decision making :)

Petersens said...

I really hope you are closer Arizona, but I'm glad we'll get to see you in Colorado once before you move!

Skinners said...

You can't post things like that. Its late, and now I'm crying. As exciting as it is, I'm not ready for it to end. I agree with Laura...bittersweet.