We stayed in Canon City overnight, so we wouldn't be driving back home too late. The next day we checked out the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park. There were very few people at the park- probably because it's December in Colorado, and several attractions were closed. We still enjoyed riding an incline train to the bottom of the Gorge, riding the aerial tram across the Gorge, seeing the animals in the wildlife park, riding the carousel, and walking across the bridge (actually, Matt was the only one that really enjoyed walking across the bridge. As soon as he pointed out to me that there were gaps in between the wooden slats of the bridge so you could see how far down the bottom of the Gorge was while you were walking- more than 1000 feet down, that was the end of the fun for me, and I wanted to get to the other side ASAP. Levi also got scared as soon as he looked over the side railing and saw how high up he was and refused to walk- insisting that Daddy carry him.) Other than that, we had a great time hanging out as a family- we don't get many opportunities like this while Matt is so busy with school, so I'm glad we took advantage of his time at home this break!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!
3 comments:
Oh SO FUn! We had the chance to ride the Polar Express last year. What fun memories:)
It sounds like so much fun!! I am glad that you got to go and enjoy being together!!
What a fun memory for Levi....and I'm with you all the way about the scary bridge!! No way!
Post a Comment