Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Camping Trip

We had a wonderful time "camping" in Estes Park over the weekend. We rented a cabin that was right along the Big Thompson River. Matt tried his hand at fishing (until I dropped his box of new fishing flies in the stream). We hiked in Rocky Mountain National Forest- it was beautiful. We saw a TON of elk, and had a close encounter with a wolf. I stepped out of the car to take pictures of the elk, and a wolf came out of the woods right up to the car (I left my door open). Matt thought the wolf was going to eat Levi & I though the wolf was going to eat me! (Not to worry, no one was eaten after all.) We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Colton and Ashley said...

Camping? Or Cabining? I was about to give you an applaud...until I saw the cabin in the background and read your description! Nice try....looks like you guys had fun! And YIKES about the wolf! I would have been afraid it was going to eat me too! How cool though!